The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Journal Pages

Lately I've been listening to a musician named Derek Webb. I love the words in his songs so I decided to make journal pages of one particular song that especially spoke to me. Like a man comes to an altar, I came into this town. With the world upon my shoulders. And promises passed down. And I went into the water. My father, he was pleased. I built it and I'll tear it down, so you will be set free. I found thieves and salesmen living in my father's house. I know how they got there and I know how to get 'em out. I'm turning this place over from floor to balcony. And then just like these doves and sheep oh you will be set free. I've always been a lover from before I drew a breath. Some things I loved easy and some I loved to death. Because love's no politician it listens carefully. So of those who come, I can't lose one so you will be set free. But go and take my picture go on and make me up. I'll still be your defender and you'll be my missing son. I'll send out an army just to bring you back to me ...

cause regardless of your brother's lies, you will be set free. I am my beloved's and my beloveds's mine. So you bring all your history and I'll bring the bread and wine. And we'll have us a party where all the drinks are on me. Then surely as the rising sun you will be set free. -Derek Webb
What a Savior that pursues us like a Lover.


No comments: