The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Saturday, November 14, 2009

How To Make A Gift Card More Personal

You've bought a gift for a wedding shower and you want the tag to say a little more than "to" and "from". Grab a mailing tag or make one of your own. Its fun to make one of your own by tracing a garment tag or even just a rectangle onto an old cereal box. Cut out the shape and then trace that shape twice onto pretty scrapbook paper. Glue the paper onto the front and back of the tag using a glue stick. Before you start to decorate your tag, take some vellum or other paper. Even a clear shopping bag will do. (Ann Taylor Loft has nice clear bags) Using your gift tag as your guide, cut out enough to wrap around the tag and glue in the back. Then fold the bottom opening inward and glue. (I use a very thin line of YES or a glue runner) This will make a "slip in" envelope. Decorate the top of your envelope with a pretty paper trim you cut out or one already made. Paste your "to" and "from" emblem on the front.
Now the fun part--the tag itself.

Find a picture of the lovely couple or print one out. I used my couple's facebook profile picture and printed one onto photo paper just the size I wanted. Before I glued the pic, I added some lace on the bottom. Using a decorative trim cutter (this one is from Martha Stewart) I cut out some ivory paper and stamped it. (This stamp says" And they lived happily ever after." ) Then I glued the paper on the front of the tag. Next I glued the couple's picture. Finally I sewed ribbon onto the top along with a button.










No comments: