The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Busy May Days


This can be a busy time of year...graduations, mother's day, weddings...and if there are birthdays...it can be as crazy as the Christmas rush. I've been especially busy this year. I have the priviledge of knowing many special people that are graduating from school. A very special person that we know is graduating from medical school. Talk about a celebration! I just wanted to give this person a small token to say, "We're so proud."

I covered the gift in black paper and used a unique brown, cream and black sewing trim to wrap around it. A medical person reminds me of a wise old owl. Not only do you have to remember a lot of information...many times you have to have the wisdom and understanding to know just what to do with that knowledge that you have worked so hard to possess. So, I used an owl stamp, scanned and printed an image of the brain...conservative colors of brown, white, and black cardstock to make a card that would congratulate the medical school graduate.

This Sunday is Mother's Day. I searched through my stamps and decided to use this special stamp of a lady busy at a writing desk. I originally bought this stamp for my daughter to celebrate her ability to write. As I looked through my stamps I realized this stamp reminded me of my mother as well. My mother is part of the greatest generation and so she loves to do something not many do these days...write letters. My mother's favorite color is pink and she also loves roses so I used pink cardstock, punched out flower shapes, stamped the paper edges, folded, glued and added lace.

A Mother's Day card that looks just like Mom. Thank you Mom for being so special. How are you celebrating these May days?

No comments: