The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Will You Be My Valentine?


When my daughter was in elementary school, she began preparing for Valentine's Day starting in January. First would appear a list of those that would receive the valentines. Next a list of supplies would appear. These lists were all made by my sweet daughter. She has always been very organized not compulsive as some would like to label it. We would make valentines together using glitter and glue. The completed envelopes would be ready to mail by January 31. Now even though my daughter is living away at college, I find myself gathering supplies, stamping and glueing. I started in January.

I found this lovely paper at JoAnn Fabrics. It is filled with beautiful butterflies and antique type designs.

I chose two very pale pastel colored papers. They mix perfectly with cream colored lace.

Finally I added valentine stamps also found at JoAnn's in the dollar bin. And just a little chocolate FOR ME to nibble on while working...It just made it seem more like Valentine's Day...the chocolate and all.

No comments: