The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top of the Morning to YOU!


Today is St. Patrick's Day. I love the story of St. Patrick. He was such a courageous man. Some of the myth and legends are silly compared to his bravery...But, one of the legends that I like involves the shamrock and how he used it to share his faith with the people of Ireland. He must have been a creative man.

I love reading about people's creativity. How they use everyday materials to inspire and create lovely things. Lately,I have been reading about how you can save the everyday paper in your life and make beautiful papers and cards. I have been saving mail, old magazines, the paper that holds your teabags, cereal boxes, on and on. For these cute little flowers and/or shamrocks, I punched 4 hearts, glued them together and inked the edges. For each, I added a button and voila...a lovely Spring or St. Paddy's Day addition.

That little "teabag" shamrock was just the addition I needed to add to a calendar page I created for the month of March. I found a cute little calendar stamp at Michaels...inked and glued it to a cereal box I had been saving...then cut it out and glued that on pretty scrapbook paper. Next I added a "kiss me I'm Irish" stamp for fun.

A little calendar to celebrate the month of March. What a fun month. All the green of St. Patrick's Day really gets me ready to celebrate SPRING! Whew! What a wild winter it has been. I can say I am ready to celebrate this next season.

Add a small stack of little cut papers for notes under your calendar and you're done. Hope you all enjoy your day. Don't forget to wear a little green.

No comments: