The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Fever


Finally... It feels like springtime. I thought it would never come. I have had a little bird's nest stamp sitting on my shelf so, as soon as the sun appeared, after seemingly weeks and weeks of clouds, I took it down and quickly...used it. After stamping it, I colored it with my brightest colored pencils. Next, I wanted to give it some thickness and depth. Because I save cereal boxes, cookie boxes, and pasta boxes, I knew just what to do. I cut out a square from one of the boxes, then sanded and glued the colored nest to the cardboard. Finally I cut out the outline of the nest, and then sanded and inked the edges.

After completing the stamped image, I began to prepare the background for the nest to "nest". I used beautiful scrapbook paper. There are so many patterns and colors to choose from these days. I added lace and ribbon, cut out flowers and sprinkled glitter.

A perfect card to send for any kind of celebration.

No comments: