The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Make It Monday #56: Die Cutting Partial Images


The Papertrey Ink "Make It Monday" technique and challenge this week featured Betsy Veldman showing us how to take our dies and mask them in such a way that they only cut part of it's image. This is the die I chose to use. I LOVE this die by Papertrey Ink. It is a cover plate called the Quatrefoil Die. Fully used, it makes a beautiful decorative screen.


I chose to mask about two thirds of the die, cut, and then trim off the bottom edge just a bit.


I layered the partial die cut over my stamped image...and then layered a similiar stamped image over my partial die cut to create this...


This challenge has so many possibilites. Thanks Betsy! To see the Make It Monday Challenge for yourself go here: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/03/make-it-monday-56-die-cutting-partial-images.html

Supplies used:
Papertrey Ink Quatrefoil Die
Cherry Blossom stamp by Rubber Stampede
Flower Border by TPC Studio
Thankful for You by studio g
Butterfly stamp by Martha Stewart
Inks-Lady Bug Red- Memento, Black-Versafine, Tsukineko
Water color pencils by Staedtler
Red, White, and Black Cardstock

6 comments:

LEG Studios said...

Genius use of the die for the challenge!

Cyndie said...

Wow, what a wonderful and unique way to do the challenge--love it! Your card is gorgeous!

Suzanne Russell said...

This is such a clever take on the challenge, Caroleanne!
I love the delicate Asian feel of the floral background combined with the quatrefoil shaped border you designed.
I have been perusing some of your older posts and enjoying your range of creativity-very inspiring!
Do you know that your word verification is on?

Kelly Griglione said...

Great idea with the quatrefoil die, I wouldn't have thought about using that one. Beautiful colors on your card!

Marybeth said...

Wow all of the cards are gorgeous! Great job, I love the tree card.

carolanne said...

Sorry, yes I know it's on... I'm just a little paranoid. Thanks so much for your kind words:-)