The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Thursday, March 1, 2012

March, A Bunny, and Knitting



Whenever the first of March comes around I always feel like, "Wow! I made it through the winter"! Even though it's technically still winter, the first of March means we are almost there! Back in the Fall, I was determined I was going to learn how to knit this Winter. I was so envious of people who knew how to do this! I checked videos out of the library, and then some books. To my surprise, it's not too hard, AND I like to practice. Practice makes perfect, right? Little by little, I have been learning and looking for projects. Still doing the basic knit and purl stitches, I wanted to do some stuffed animals...amigurumi...but the patterns I found were a little beyond me. Then I stumbled on to this book...

Most of the patterns are easy and written so that a beginner like me can understand! Just look at the little bunny I was able to knit. Because of my beginner's hands, she's not perfect, but she is a cutie! You can find the book at some libraries or on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Knitted-Creatures-Leisure-Arts/dp/1609000145/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330653696&sr=1-1

*please forgive not being able to "click" on links. For some reason, my connections are not working!

No comments: