The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Friday, April 27, 2012

Sparkle!

Sometimes I just like to get in my work space and make things. Making tags is especially fun. I had taken some scrapbook paper that I love...then cut, stamped and embossed, and made some decorative tags. After I put them together, I  was wondering what to add on top...hmmm... They just needed that last "something". Well, this week's Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday gave me the answer...I painted these frilly flowers with glue and then dipped them in glitter to add just the right amount of icing on top!
“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake...” Francis Bacon, Sr. To see this week's challenge, and how to add some sparkle to your day, go here:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/04/make-it-monday-63.html


Supplies Used: Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Frilly Flowers, Love and Marriage(little tag)
Dies: PTI-Frilly Flowers, Doily, Filigree Border. Fiskers border punch
Inks: Versafine-onyx black. Tim Holtz Distress-Spun Sugar
Paper: DCWV-Mariposa Stack

Also, go to Nichole's blog nicholeheady.typepad.com, to see the April Blog Hop. Gorgeous creations on there! I completely missed it:-(

By the way, is anyone else having troubles getting their dashboard once they log into their blogspot? If you did and you got it fixed, and can offer helpful advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much:-)

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love this gorgeous glittered flower! I have been using score tape to make my die cuts, but now I think I might need the xyron just to do my flowers. Your tag is beautiful!

Cyndie said...

Yummy! The tag reminds me of chocolate and cotton candy. Very cool with al the lacy layers!

Marlena M. said...

Your tag is beautiful and lush!

Inkyfingers said...

I love your gorgeous tag Carolanne - so sparkly and rich. I also love the little quote on your post - an apt reminder to us all!

cherry said...

sooooooooooooooooooo pretty...love love that glitter