The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Making Festive Paper Using a Few Stamps

While browsing at Michael's a few weeks ago, I came across these lovely snowflake stamps. Especially at this time of year, I cannot resist beautiful snowflakes so I bought them. Feeling the need to try them out immediately, I decided to make a collage on navy cardstock out of the various snowflakes.
First I used a watermark inkpad and white embossing powder to randomly stamp and emboss two snowflake designs. This gave a raised very white crisp image.

Next, I used a silver ink pad to randomly stamp more snowflake images.

Finally, I used a light blue inkpad to randomly stamp even more designs -sometimes overlapping the embossed snowflakes. Just keep stamping until you like what you are creating. The nice thing about clear stamps is you can see where you are putting your image in relation to the other images already stamped.

Now the fun part: deciding where and how to cut your paper to get the best looking overall design.

Voila! Now you can make copies by scanning the cut into your computer. Print out any size you desire. You can print out 8 by 10 copies and use as scrapbook paper in photo albums. You can print large and then cut out smaller designs. I printed out 3 by 5 copies to use as little thankyou cards. I am also using this design to put in the background for my Christmas cards this year. Use any kind of stamp and have fun creating!



No comments: