The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year



On the first day of the year, 1998, my sister stepped into eternity. I have missed my first friend. I have wished we could have raised our children together the way many sisters do-sharing funny stories, giving each other advice, encouraging one another. I have felt an emptiness that cannot be filled with anyone other than a sister. I know one day, this short time that we inhabit on earth will all make sense. Until I know, I trust in the ONE who is all knowing and in control. The God that lovingly laid down His life for myself...and my sister.

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18,19

1 comment:

michelle ward said...

what a beautiful post.
my sister joined yours 18 months ago.
one of my signs for her is a snowflake.
and here i am visiting you today, because of snowflakes.
there are no accidents.
thanks for being the messenger
of connection.