The secret of your own heart you can never know;
but you can know Him who knows its secret.
-George MacDonald

Thursday, December 10, 2009

With One Stamp

Here in West Virginia a blustery wind has blown in bringing light snow and frigid temperatures. What a good excuse to stay cozy inside and use my imagination. Creating with stamps are so much fun. Look through your stamp collection and select one image. It can be a Christmas stamp or any other you choose. This Christmas design is by Inkadinkado. I bought it this year at Michael's.
Take that stamp and ink it with any color you decide. I used a rich red. You can also ink it again and again in other colors. You judge how many variations you want. I chose two colors for the season. Red and Green.

Next, look at your stamped design. Imagine only being able to see a one inch by one inch square in any part of the stamped picture. (You may want to cut out a one inch by one inch opening in a piece of cardstock and move it around the stamped design to help you choose) Now with an inchie punch cutter or measuring and cutting with scissors, cut from your stamped pattern several one inch squares. As you can see, some of the images I decided on were faces or people or just interesting pictures.

After I determined how many squares I wanted and then cut accordingly, I measured and trimmed a coordinating piece of cardstock just about a half an inch larger.

Using a glue runner I carefully adhered each square onto the cardstock.
You can use this creation as it is for a tag, bookmark, or whatever...
or you can put a pretty Christmas paper behind your cut images and create a festive card. Grab a cup of hot chocolate or tea, stay warm and have fun!





No comments: